Monday 26 August 2013

August Sunflowers

We finally have a sunflower flowering, planting the seeds directly in the ground was not wildly successful, these are the only two that have come up.  Next year I think I shall plant them in pots and then put them out when they're bigger.

P1030485

I love sunflowers, they are so cheerful, like concentrated sunshine.  Hopefully the birds will enjoy the seeds too.

P1030487

Our tomatoes are also ripening thick and fast and I have harvested some every day the past few days.  There's something deeply satisfying about eating something that has grown outside your own back door and that you have watched grow.

1 comment:

  1. They are, I want to start some off in pots next year so that they grow better and flower earlier as they are so good for the bees. They are also so cheerful, like sunshine in a flower.

    ReplyDelete