To some extent today has been like waking up from an alternative reality to find that I've written a whole lot of angry stuff and put it up on the internet. That was bright. On the other hand they're very real feelings, even if they aren't ones I'm feeling just this minute and I think getting it out of my system has helped. Cathartic, a bit like being sick, "better out than in", as they say.
Today I have enjoyed fellowship, I've seen Christians, I've been able to talk about Jesus and it's been refreshing. I'm seeing another sister tomorrow, God is good, please remind me of this next time I grumble about unanswered prayers! I've been to life (cell) group twice in two weeks, how good is that?
In fact good things do happen to me, they may be few and far between, they may not out-weigh the bad things, but they are there. For my own reference, for when I next feel inclined to wallow (a foul habit I wish I were well rid of):
- knitting group last Thursday - fun and doughnuts
- knitting group last Saturday - fun and frappes and a lovely time on a wonderfully chilled Saturday afternoon
- seeing Hazel today who is simply wonderful, one of the greatest adverts for Jesus I know, always makes you feel better about yourself and like there is some hope, even for a useless worm like me
- making it to lifegroup for the second week in a row and having a good laugh and being encouraged
- seeing Becca tomorrow, even though that hasn't happened yet
- Alex and Katherine coming at the end of the month (ditto)
- Anthony Trollope finally coming up with the happy ending in Barchester Towers